Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Free time


 My free time was mostly spent at the apartment. I decided it would be best for me to sleep in most days, so I would be well rested for the Academy. Evenings would be spent on baseball practices. I would finish my work with the Academy and have some free time to eat before our own practices would start. Going back home wouldn't have been very beneficial with the time constraints so most of the time I would go to a kebap shop on my way to the practice facility. The 1st and 2nd team would practice as a group. There I got to learn a lot more about baseball and how practices were organized. My skills as a player also improved massively with proper coaching. One of the big things for my own improvement was the culture with the team. The players were also very competitive, so it created a great atmosphere within the team. Nothing like seeing a player after another hit hard-hit balls in the cage. Only response was to step-up my game and try my absolute hardest to improve and become a better player.

One day all the roommates went to see an ice hockey game to celebrate Will's birthday. The rink was pretty small, but it was completely packed with passionate fans with only a small amount of seats, rest left as standing room. The atmosphere there was incredible. The fans had their own chants for different situations and after a while you could start chanting them yourself. After the game which unfortunately ended with the home teams loss, we headed out to an Irish bar. They had a live band performing and we partied, drank, sang and danced our way through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment