Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Preparing for the Trip





    Breakfast at the Helsinki Airport             On my way to Munich


Planning for the trip had to be done fairly quickly as I was able to get the internship position shortly before Christmas and the intership would start at the beginning of February. Fortunately we managed to write all the contracts really quickly and that is a huge thank you to the teachers at my school as well as the people at the Baseball Academy. 

I was able to get financial support from the Erasmus program. The Erasmus program is the EU's program to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Also from The Social Insurance Institution (Kela) I managed to get more student allowance for studies abroad and extra support for accommodation.

The Academy informed me to get straight to work on finding a place to stay as it was difficult to find available accommodation in Munich. Luckily a couple weeks before the trip my Work Instructor Will informed me of a room available in the same apartment he was living in. The room was available to me for Februay and March so I took the room. As I confirmed the exact dates of my trip I booked my flights.



No comments:

Post a Comment