Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Academy Summer

This time around practices were held outside on the baseball field as the weather was mostly great and field ready.  The Young Guns practiced Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm. Old Boys on Tuesdays had extra early work from 3:50pm to 4:20pm and 4:30pm to 6:30pm team practice. For Thursday  they had the same hours, this time with main work for pitchers pitching and position players fielding and hitting. The Old Boys would also have an extra day of practice for Friday from 4pm to 6pm and this time hitting on the field. So there was some overlap with the times, but as the field was so big and we had another area of grass next to the baseball field so it was all possible.

Gear was my responsibility. I had to get shopping carts with gear ready to use for both of the groups. The players would take the gear by themselves to the field once I had it ready for them. We also used a pitching machine that I usually set up either in the batting cage or on the field. While it was heavy, it was made easy-to-use with wheels. 

I also setup the golf cart pretty much every time on the field. Then I would move whatever gear with it that was needed. Mostly it was used for field maintenance work, like dragging the dirt areas. It was pretty fun to drive around, as I didn't have any other motorized vehicle in my use during the trip. That's why I called it "my German car".  

For upcoming gamedays I had to setup banners on the fence surrounding the field. The banners had to be setup each day before a game and then taken out either after a gameday or straight after the games were completed. The sportspark didn't allow us to have them up all the time since it was paid advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment